3rd week of January


I have been walking most days, some long walks, some short and sometimes twice a day! This is probably because at the beginning of the week I am very motivated so I have walked both in the morning and in the evening. Then as the week goes on, life tends to takes over and I find excuses to skip. How can I feel motivated all the time? Why is it easier to talk oneself into skipping out of a simple healthy walk?!

During my walks I have noticed that Santa delivered a lot of new bicycles and helmets at Christmas. Now for one of my pet peevs!! Please make sure your childs helmet is on correctly!! It makes me cringe when I see them hanging off or sitting on the back of precious little heads. It is easy to teach children how important is it to protect themselves properly.

"The helmet should sit level on the cyclist's head with only a couple of finger-widths between eyebrow and the helmet brim. The strap should sit at the back of the lower jaw, against the throat, and be sufficiently tight that the helmet does not move on the head. It should not be possible to insert more than one finger's thickness between the strap and the throat."

We just bought our daughter a new bicycle for her birthday at the end of the month. She loves to cycle and for the past couple of years has been using the bicycle given to her by her cousins. This bicycle has been very well loved and taken care of by the three girls, one of whom has just turned twenty! My daughter is a great coach and sets a good pace on her bicycle for my walking. Good for us physically and a great time for a chat after school or on weekends. In the past year her road sense has improved and as the weather improves I will be able to cycle alongside her.

We got such a great deal on the new bicycle I must share it. It is a classic style road bike, Apollo Charm Cruiser, that was reduced by over 200euros. http://www.halfords.ie

Anyhow, I am going to be really stearn with myself for the next four weeks. I really feel that I will notice and feel a difference in myself, won't I?! Let's see!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring is beginning to spring

Falling off the Wagon

Willpower and the lack of...